The Daily Drive will be a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. Like the power of the Lord. Do you mind if we come inside, we have an amazing book you need to read.
-Let’s get things out of the way early and say that I don’t really like phish. There are about 3-6 songs I genuinely enjoy, and 4 songs that are covers of Talking Head songs. Don’t take it personally phish phans.
– The Hogs of war are nipping at the heels of the Flyers, writes Dave Isaac. Fine, whatever farm animal of war, Lana, shut up.
– The Sixers play the Heat tonight, in what could be a potential playoffs match up. I hope Philadelphia wears their “Los Seisers” jerseys.
– Pedro Martinez portrait was put in the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery earlier today. No word on if it resembles this.
– You can say what you will about the Jersey Shore, but JWoww (the extra W is for “slut”) at least gives you something to look at.
Oh New Jersey, I'll never forget the tits.
– The Giants and Jets have began to follow other team’s and are not asking for a renewal on season-ticket packages until the labor stoppage ends. Which, if I had it my way, would be May 28th. Best. Memorial Day Weekend. Ever.
– Taiwan made an animation short about the NFL lockout because, well, why not. Those 12-year old lady boys have to do something with their hands.
-And, as promised, video proof of the existence of God. (via Filmdrunk.com)