The Daily Drive will be a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. Except our actual predictions for the upcoming MLB season. We took them to Vegas so we can win millions and go looking for hookers and cocaine.
C.C. Sabathia throwing the 1st pitch of the 2011 MLB season
– We are officially off and running on the 2011 MLB season. Highlights from the early games include Jayson Werth going 1-4 and his team scoring zero runs. Are you having fun yet JDub? New York is getting the ticker tape ready after a text book 6-3 victory over the Tigers. Solid outting from C.C., a couple long balls, and the 7th-8th-9th combo of Joba, Soriano, Mo looked to be ready for postseason play. All in all a text book win for the evil empire. To commemorate the start of a new season I give you the best stand-up about baseball ever.
– The Sixers had another solid victory against one of the hotter teams in the Western Conference last night. But who cares about that the bigger story is that rapper extraordinaire Lou Williams dropped a bangin new track!
– Who doesn’t love bacon? Bacon and eggs, bacon on a sandwich, bacon flavored oxygen, wait what? Yes this is real. Introudcing, BaconAir! Now you can have the taste of bacon, anywhere you go. America, you are amazing. And fat. But I’ll go with amazing.
– Speaking of fat. An Ohio man died yesterday. He was fat. How fat you ask? He was stuck to a reclining chair for the past two years. His skin was literally fused to the chair. Firefighters had to remove a section of the wall to get him out of the house. Yup, that is disturbing. However the worst part? He lived with…his girlfriend. Nothing says sexy like a 500 pound man who’s glued to a recliner! I think he skipped BaconAir and just ate full sized pigs.
-The New York Rangers offensive juggernaut continued their onslaught last night scoring….zero goals. But hey it was against the Buffalo Sabres who have U.S. goalie phenom Ryan Miller. Oh wait he was hurt and the great Jhonas Enroth was in net for the Sabres. Henrik Lundqvist was stellar once again, but the Rags offensive struggles make me wonder why everyone is so in love with this team.
– Meet Montana lawmaker Alan Hale. Besides rockin a baller Colonel Sanders bow tie, he also is very against DUI laws. Hitch hiking and driving are their only options? I figured they just ride cattle to the bars out in Montana.
– One last baseballish related post. Here is Anna Benson. Sadly her husband Kris is done with baseball which in turn means not seeing Anna as much. However she is not done being hot.