The Daily Drive is a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. But only if you read our website. Because if you don’t it’s like this post never even existed.
Augusta! No women playing golf! Woo-hoo. The Masters has started. For the next couple days frat boys and old men will inhabit the town of Augusta, Georgia to watch the world’s best golfers attack the most historic course in America. This week is also popular for women freaking out over the restrictions that Augusta holds regarding membership. Women can’t be members there. Period. I think it’s awesome. Every time I play at Mountain View I pray to God I won’t be paired up with Betty Chang who hits the ball 97 yards down the middle every time. So stick with it Augusta for men across the world who hate golfing with women. However if Natalie Gulbis wants to golf with me, sign me up!
That is a Tremendous 6 iron
More treats after the jump
– The Sixers are officially in blow up mode while the Knicks are heating up going into the playoffs. The Knickerbockers beat the Sixers 97-92 in Philly last night behind 31 points from Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks winners of 4 straight leapfrog the Sixers for 6th place in the East while the Sixers losers of 3 straight fall into 7th. Elton Brand has a fractured hand, Lou Williams got injured, playing, not rapping at least, and no one cares about basketball so I’ll stop ranting. Anyway the Sixers looked awesome a couple of weeks ago and were potential sleepers for a first round upset, now…..I dunno.
– Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey made a 3-year-old boy an honorary Governor for the day. Yup my state was run by a crying 3 year old, sweet call Chris.
– Speaking of Governors, Arnold Schwarzenegger is making a return to the acting world. Except it’s a cartoon, called….The Governator.
– Two dudes in Cleveland kissed when they were on camera during an Indians game. Announcers response=I’m not hanging out with gays!
– I’d like to do a random poll and ask 200 people who leads the NHL in goals this season. I think about 5 would get it correct. Player X scored his 50th goal last night in a win over the sharks. Don’t lie you didn’t know it was him.
– Congrats to Ryno who just got engaged, to a smoking hot Eagles cheerleader none the less. She clearly wants the big piece. Zing!
– On April 5th Bill Simmons said he will not tweet again until the Red Sox win. Obviously he still has tweeted. You can now bet on sportsbook.com what his first tweet will be about. Not on that list is nothing, what if the Red Sox lose every game this year and he never tweets again??!?! Wouldn’t be the worst since all he does is write about the NBA. But we still love Bill and that first tweet will be epic.
– Finally, I leave you with clearly the greatest idea for a movie ever, Invisible Child. After watching trailer I, like every one else who sees it says bull shit that is real. But, it is.