The Daily Drive is a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. Like this free iPad!!! All you have to do is fill out this quick survey.
– A sad afternoon for my Blues, as Chelsea FC was defeated 2-1 by Manchester United. Wayne Rooney and the Reds move on to the Champions League Semifinals along with Barcelona.
– The New York Rangers are going to be facing Michal Neuvirth, winner of 5 out of his last 6, to start the NHL Playoffs. Meanwhile, the Rags will be opening up the season in Sweden. Lucky bastards.
-While the Philadelphia Phillies ace’s, plus Joe Blanton, get all the press, it’s the bullpen that is quietly carrying the team.
– When Tom Brady cried on SportsCenter over the weekend, a lot of people probably figured that there was no way he could look like more of a pussy. Via Tauntr.com, the Internet again proves it can grant wishes. EDIT: I couldn’t get the video to work, so click on the link. My apologies, so here is a picture of the hottest girl you’ve seen today.
After the jump we’ve got NHL Draft Lottery excitement, Derek Jeter’s poor start, and my new girlfriend.
-Joe DeLessio explains why fans should be worried about Derek Jeter. Because he’s half black, right? And tonight the Yankees start a series with the Orioles, who should be a good test for the Bronx Bombers.
I know, I'm also glad Marie Doro finally got recognized for her hard work.
– That’s Sophie Turner, an Australian supermodel at the premier of who gives a shit. (via)
-Get excited, because tonight (8pm, VS) is the NHL Draft Lottery. The Avs have a 18.8% chance of getting the first pick so, yeah, I’ve been drinking.
-The New York Knicks, onto the playoffs for the first time since the ’03/’04 season, look to prepare for the Boston Celtics.
– 5 predictions for the Philadelphia Flyers first-round series against the Buffalo Sabres.
-And finally, here’s Lady Gaga stumbling onstage.