The Daily Drive is a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. Except when it comes to giving directions to someone. If you can’t use a map or the internet to find where your going….grow up.
– First off a couple of 90on95.com writers went to trivia last night and well our team name we always use is pretty cool : My couch pulls out, but I don’t. However we were trumped by…Mr. Miyagi Wax Off. Say it out loud. Think inappropriately about it. Possibly best trivia team name ever.
– One of our dedicated readers told me last night he doesn’t like that we are putting up pictures of girls wearing nearly nothing because he can’t look at our site while he’s at work. My response to that? Another sexy girl wearing almost nothing.
Her name is Eva Amurri. That's Nice.
– Kobe Bryant caused a stir last night as he yelled “Fucking Faggot” in the direction of an official. Take a look. Apparently some gay group of people don’t like when Kobe talks dirty.
– Mick Foley is newest board member of RAINN which is some group that is against rape, abuse and incest. He’ll mow your lawn if you donate $5,000. That’s a lot of money to pay for a non-Mexican grass cutting job. But anyway no one likes to get raped so I guess it’s worth it. However, I’d only do it if he showed up at my house like this.
I have more treats after the jump.
– Playoff hockey begins today. I’d write more, but we have got crazy previews coming at you all day. The Devils are out so I don’t really care about who wins, but dear God I love playoff hockey. I was going to post the Stanley Cup winning goal from last year, but I didn’t want to start a fight with all the Fly-guy fans. Instead here’s a video of a goofy looking guy in a cool hat making the Stanley Cup out of chocolate. He didn’t engrave each players name on it so I’m not all that impressed with it.
– The Sports Pickle has an article that show What Your Favorite NHL Playoff team says about you.
– Serena Williams wore this at her practice for the U.S. Open. I’d post the picture, but it made me projectile vomit for about 10 minutes so be careful.
– Jayson Werth was the hero against his former team last night going 2-3 with a HR and a double in a 7-4 Nats win. Jayson said after the game,
“I was just trying to perform well for Charlie,” Werth said with a smile. “He hasn’t seen me play in a while.”
– The Phillies also got cheated when Jimmy Rollins was called out going to 2nd base. Let’s take a looksy.
Interesting since he’s clearly holding the ball in his right hand and tagging him with the left. Cool umpiring.
– This Sixers are going to be America’s team in the first round of the playoffs as they take on the Miami Heat. I’ll be bashing the Heat all week, starting with this great video.
– Happy Birthday Juan! aka Dad