The Daily Drive is a daily (duh) post of all the prominent things going on in the sports world we didn’t cover, and anything else we might want to share with you. Like the new name of any fantasy sports team we ever create: SEAL Team 6.
– Let’s start things off with maybe the most American thing I’ve seen since that time my obese uncle ate a hot dog wrapped in a buffalo chicken pizza soaked in a Budweiser, at a funeral. Miss you Grandpa!!
– This is a cool story: A guy in Pakistan not to far from Osama’s hideout actually live tweeted the event, unknowingly.
– Justin Bourne (no relation) thinks the lack of discipline is one of the reasons the Philadelphia Flyers find themselves in an early 2-0 hole. Always a good excuse to use this clip:
– Meanwhile, Flyers Coach Peter Laviolette doesn’t think his team is out of yet, and that the pressure is on the B’s to perform at home.
– The Yankee’s still don’t know what is wrong with Hughes, and why he is lacking power in his pitches. Slowly but surely, my “he’s a fucking pussy” diagnosis is beginning to pick up steam. Here’s a preview of the Yankees game tonight vs. the Tigers, as C.C. Sabathia hopes to keep the Detroit losing streak going.
Adult Baby, Kat Dennings is pretty attractive, and your new NBA MVP, after the jump.
– That’s Kat Dennings, who you may recognize from movies such as “The 40-Year Old Virgin” and “Nick And Nora’s Infinite Playlist”, but who you will definitely remember from these pictures. (via WWTDD.COM)
-At the age of 22, Derrick Rose became the youngest MVP in NBA history today. To put that into perspective, I’m 23 and I haven’t put on pants today.
-The Philadelphia Phillies believe Roy Oswalt will be back with the club by Thursday, and Manager Charlie Manuel hopes the offense wakes up by then. Tonight they face the Washington Nationals, and some guy named Jayson Werth.
I just hope he learned how to properly use his glove since making the move
-NHL Playoff action tonight sees the Green Men and the Vancouver Canucks meeting the Predators in Nashville for game 3 (NSH 3, VAN 2, 3OT), and Washington looking to gain ground in Tampa (TAM 4, WSH 1). Meanwhile in the NBA Memphis looks to take another home game away from the Zombie Sonics (MPH 87, OKC 79)and the Heat hope to go 2 up on the visiting Celtics (BOS 91, MIA 89).
-Speaking of the Green Men, the NHL is looking to crack down on their actions during the game.
Looks like standard practice to me
-In soccer news, Barcelona is onto the Champions League Finals after beating Real Madrid (my pick) earlier today. Tomorrow a Rooney-less Man U. looks to book their ticket against German squad Schalke 04.
-Hey Phillies fans, the Fish are 18-9 and tied for first place with you guys. Just, you know, in case you didn’t see that.
-This is the most disturbing thing you will see all week, at least until the photos of Bin Laden surface in a few days. Thanks to PapaBear for the tip. (via)
Kind of makes me feel not as weird saying I live with my parents. At least I don’t wear a onesie to bed. Anymore.